[extropy-chat] The Force of Human Freedom [was-isAmericafascistyet?]

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 30 20:40:35 UTC 2005

Hubert Mania wrote:

> Greg Burch asked:
>
> It seems clear that there is a large population of unassimilated Muslims in
> Europe.  Based on my own research, I conclude that the large, younger
> segment of this population is increasingly radicalized and inclined to
> religiously-motivated violence.  Do you agree?  If so, do you have any
> proposed solution to this?
> ________________________________
>
> I have nothing but contempt for the islamofascists who demonstrate their
> inhumanity by beheading innocent foreign civilists. But could it be, they
> behave that way because the us invaded iraq?
>
> Yes, it seems to be true, that 9-11-2001 was planned in Hamburg. But I
> cannot confirm there is an increasingly segment of Muslim population that is
> radicalized. And even if this should have been testified by people who had
> access to their conspiratively acting teams . . . so what, they DID NOT blow
> up anything here yet.
>
> And  . . . no, I have no solution to offer. I have no fear when I walk
> through the streets of Hamburg or Berlin. If I happen to be among the
> victims of an islamofascist assault . . . well, too bad then . . .but I will
> not let my mind be aflame with an imaginary threat. In this respect, german
> citizens are fortunately not kept in a permanent state of alert and fear by
> government propagangda or a press which functions as a party mouthpiece. Or
> at least, let's say, the atmosphere is much more relaxed than in the usa. In
> the end it depends on WHAT kind of propaganda you prefer to believe.
>
> humania

Hubert,

The following link is an excellent review of Al-Qaeda in Europe
country-by-country.  Other links in this Frontline program explain
how the operational nature of bin Laden's network has morphed into
a social movement.  The threat is not imaginary no matter the hype
by the media, the Bush administration, and other governments.

< http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/front/map/ >

Terry

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program