[extropy-chat] The Force of Human Freedom [was-isAmericafascistyet?]

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Mon Jan 31 04:22:21 UTC 2005

At 04:40 PM 30/01/05 -0800, samantha wrote:

>On Jan 30, 2005, at 10:23 AM, Greg Burch wrote:
>
>>I don't understand your position, in which you feel justified in making
>>the bitterest criticisms of the policies advocated by others, but
>>repeatedly retreat to the statement that you have no solution to offer.
>
>Is it required that one has an alternative proposal before being able to
>offer a worthwhile critique?  If so then please explain the
>necessity.   If not then it appears that this part of your argument is not
>relevant and only serves to dismiss the critique without further examination.

Not a requirement, but certainly better if one has an alternate proposal.

I have the same problem myself.  I know what the mechanisms are that bring
on wars, but the best long term solution, lower birth rate, takes 3 decades
to have effect.

In ranging around for a solution, one that might work from theory but is
way out there would be to swap out the entire population of Iraq for Texans
(and other assorted rednecks).  It's not impossible, the US used to fly
that many people in a month.

Both groups would have improved prospects which should shut off war mode.

Keith Henson