[extropy-chat] "The Transhuman" (1953)

Ned Late nedlt at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 16:40:10 UTC 2005

Predictions made in 1953, such as anti-gravity backpacks as a mode of transportation for today, have been unrealized.
FM was also a confirmed Pangloss. His predictions for this decade are rather embarrassing.

Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
Excellent!  Great find.  I thought my Dante find was pretty darn good.  I think the more we learn, the more we will find numerous references to transhumans and transhumanism outside our current references.

In my book (The Transhumanists) (in the works), I hope to have a lot of fun with the history of the word and how our modern transhumanism and view of the transhuman (circa FM-2030, Damien Broderick, Max More) will have a lot of impact.  What is so interesting to me is that FM and Max separately never heard of the word before using it themselves.  Was that true with you as well Damien?

Cheers!

Natasha