[extropy-chat] Gay marriage in Spain, a world of change

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Wed Jul 20 19:56:00 UTC 2005

Evan Hamlin wrote:
> Myself, I have
> gay friends and treat them no differently than any of my other friends.
> However, I do not believe that gay
> unions should be made equal to the union between a man and woman; the
> only kind of union which makes sense in the eyes of nature, and even God
> for that matter (though that matters little to me, being non-religious).

If you think God exists and moreover this superintelligent creator of the
universe doesn't like gay marriage, you're religious.

This is a mailing list for people who want to grow tails, sprout wings, switch
sexes, grow new sex organs, create new sexes, and upload themselves into
Jupiter Brains.  If you can't handle the concept of gay marriage, then what
the hell are you doing here?

PS:  Let the record show that this is the person who chided me for not being
open-minded when I expressed dissatisfaction with David Stiger's posting
quality.  (Ad hominem tu qoque.)