[extropy-chat] Re: Gay marriage in Spain, a world of change

ben benboc at lineone.net
Sat Jul 23 11:05:56 UTC 2005

Evan Hamlin:
"I have a hard time in knowing that homosexual parents are bound to
produce kids more inclined to homosexuality; vicious cycle continues."

"In my opinion, homosexuality shouldn't be incentivized."

Gaaa!

Evan, you seem to be posting to the wrong list.

Anyway, apart from the bigotry displayed in the above statements,
homosexuality is completely trivial compared to some of the things that
many transhumanists and extropians consider to be desirable and/or
likely for the future.

Biology won't continue to tyrannise intelligence for much longer.
Talking about the un/desirability of homosexuality is a bit like
discussing phlogiston.

The reason that legalised homosexual marriage is a GOOD THING is because
it signifies a move toward the acceptance that people should be able to
do whatever they want provided it doesn't harm other people. Maybe.

ben