[extropy-chat] Ultra-hard-line Islam report on bioethics

Robert Lindauer robgobblin at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 07:09:55 UTC 2005

Sorry, you took the bait.  Instead of calling for the resignation of
your opposing party, you defended them.  You're not even an opposing
party...

You could have not taken the bait, but you did.  I wasn't surprised,
but up until then I was at least hopeful.  I thought, maybe, just maybe
there's a kind-hearted man behind all the lies and hate.  But no,
there's just a sleazy political apologist doing the dirty work of the
national machinery.

Just be a republican.  Stop trying to pretend to rebel from your mommy
and grow up.  Admit you hate poor people and enjoy the ensuing
satisfaction of watching the organized repression we call government.

Robbie

PS - I'm certainly NOT a liberal!  I can refer you to an excellent book
by Istvan Meszaros called "The Power of Ideology" - he's a neo-Marxist
so you're likely not to enjoy it - but remember the maxim "know they
enemy".  I don't agree with much of what he says, but I agree with the
generalized outlook of thinking of government as a human phenomena to
be studied scientifically and ideology as an outgrowth of that
phenomena.  Where I split from the Marxists is that I don't believe
that labour is able to effectively organize against capitalistic
domination and so some variety of Armageddon will eventually result as
the intrinsic contradictions found within capitalism destroy it from
the inside - in particular as the attempted legitimization of
repression continues it will find itself increasingly opposed by the
enemies it creates and increasingly unable to stave off the throngs of
disenfranchised people willing and able to turn to violence.  As the
enemies it creates become, more and more, non-state-like entities they
will be more difficult to fight because more difficult to identify
until either an Hitlerian "final solution" will have to be offered by
the imperialistic side or the terrorism resulting from the enemies
created in the worldwide labor classes will bring global capitalism to
a halt (assuming peak oil or some other natural phenomenon doesn't get
there first).  A little doom and gloom for your sunday evening.