[extropy-chat] Why I am No Longer a Libertarian Either...

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 14:23:37 UTC 2005

Yes. This something so many brood about now. But those who don't agonize about it can maybe make it if they exercise a great deal, avoid overindulgence, and don't think too much. They just manage to survive,  like the peasants you hear about who live to be 105 and swear by a half a pint of whiskey and a cigar every day, who putter about their cabin and their proper-tee all day getting fresh air. Funny, some who don't think about surviving will survive, and some who want to make it bad will be unlucky-- maybe they want it too much.
BTW, I don't mean to pick on mobsters, they got into the union business to fill a vacuum that was there all along just waiting to be filled. They were default labor reps who were willing to extort and use force. Now they are not as powerful.
The military-industrial complex is too large for me to even think about, to wrap the mind around.