[extropy-chat] Extropy: "Best of the List"

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sun Jun 12 20:42:09 UTC 2005

At 11:53 AM 6/12/2005, Hal wrote:

>I do think this would be a tremendously valuable and interesting
>picture of the development of transhumanism as it first hit the net,
>and I hope you can find a way to make the many creative and stimulating
>postings available to a wider audience. I'd be curious to hear about what
>your plans are for getting around this difficulty in terms of publishing a
>"best of the list" from the early days.

We have copies of the posts from our list.  To select the posts for the
anthology, we will sort them by author and subject.  Then we read them.
They we select posts that are best of list.  Then we send releases to their
authors to obtain permission to reprint.

Another method which we will use is to get the names of posters from the
early 1990s and send them a message asking if they have posts that they
authored that they would like to see reproduced in the Best of the
List.  When we receive their posts, we will sort through them and select
the ones that fit the content guidelines we have sketched out.

It is actually a simple process, but time consuming.

Take care,
Natasha

>Hal

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist, Designer
Studies of the Future, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

Knowledge is the most democratic source of power.  Alvin Toffler
Random acts of kindness... Anne Herbet