[extropy-chat] evolution of language: was Wetware vs. Hardware (wasIQ vs Upload)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 05:13:42 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike

> An example would be the term "bad" which actually
> means in some usages good, as for example in the
> Michael Jackson song "Im Bad".
>
> spike

My notion is that European languages are used by
people whose outlook on life is nearly identical
to those which I am so familiar in the U.S.  I can
identify no fundamental dissimilarity in emotional
or memetic makeup of my own system to that of
Europeans, therefore those languages should have
analogous structures.

That assumption leads to the following question:
do Russian, German, French or any of the other
European languages have anything analogous to the term
bad coming to mean good?