[extropy-chat] Re: Police Officer Dies After Brawl With Biotech Protesters

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 20:59:04 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:
> There is power in the political technique of belittling and downgrading
> one's opponents, but in the bigger picture the power of truth tends to
> be even more effective, and the bigger picture "truth" contains all the
> opponent parts.

Very well put!

I'm certainly not the world's most tactful person, but I think it's
generally true that for every one opponent who's just plain bad, there
are ten who merely have a different perspective; and it's both
feasible and desirable to find some common ground with the ten if not
the one.

- Russell