[extropy-chat] Physicians and Spirituality

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Thu Jun 23 01:46:17 UTC 2005

"A survey examining religion in medicine found that most U.S. doctors
believe in God and an afterlife - a surprising degree of spirituality in a
science-based field, researchers say.":

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apscience_story.asp?category=1500&slug=Doctors%20and%20God

Having known several physicians in my life has led me to the conclusion that
many physicians (and nurses, too - from what my daughter, an R.N., has told
me) are generally not deep thinkers, but more like technicians.  Please
observe I said "many" - certainly not all.

I can't help it - I've tried to explain this to myself in many ways, but I
still find this situation somewhat depressing.

Olga