[extropy-chat] Microbes Produce Miniature Electrical Wires

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 25 03:12:24 UTC 2005

Stuart,

The following excerpt from another mailing list brings up the hoary idea
that some microbiologists are meeting untimely and conspiratorial deaths.
Any comments?

Terry

     So far 88 microbiologists seem to have died under more-or-less
suspicious circumstances in the United States, the United Kingdom and
Western Europe (combined).

     But even such a relatively small population center as Greater
Cincinnati, Ohio, has four or five universities and a consortium of
hospitals, and thus employs THOUSANDS of microbiologists. Moreover,
the universities and in-house hospital educational programs graduate
hundreds more new microbiologists every year. And, again,  that's
merely one relatively minor population area.

     So if there is indeed a plot or conspiracy to wipe out
microbiologists, or even to seriously thin their ranks, it strikes me
as a remarkably ineffective one.

*****

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program
veterans, Allies, CIA/NSA, and "steenkeen" contractors are welcome.]