[extropy-chat] 70% oppose resumption of military conscription

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 17:59:57 UTC 2005

--- Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Japan is running low on workers.  They're putting pressure on the
> worker-producers (increased benefits for having children) and maybe
> considering allowing much more immigration although that's unlikely
> for
> political reasons...but what they're really getting serious about is
> robotics, so they can build more workers.  Better and more widely
> used
> robotics has the potential to be a permanent solution to their
> problem,
> not to mention it has other benefits we can take advantage of.
>
> America is running low on soldiers.  They're putting pressure on the
> soldier-producers (recruitment drives and related measures) and maybe
> considering re-implementing a draft although that's unlikely for
> political reasons...but what they're really getting serious about is
> robotics, so they can build more soldiers.  Better and more widely
> used
> robotics has the potential to be a permanent solution to their
> problem,
> not to mention it has other benefits we can take advantage of.
>
> Same problem.  Same logic.  Same solution.

Quite so, Adrian, excellent of you to point this out. I'd like to point
out also that there are absolutely NO robot control laws in existence
at the current time. This is a golden age to build your own equipment
(expandable and upgradable, of course) so that your own robot army gets
grandfathered when the busybodies get around to promoting anti-robot
hate propaganda.

When the stormtroopers come to your door to take your toys away, you
will have your own stormtroopers to meet them head on. All those who
complain that gun owners can't fight against a military with jet
fighters is sorely wrong, if those gun owners have their robot armies...

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com