Meta: Too far Re: [extropy-chat] Re: Iraq and legality again

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 29 15:14:57 UTC 2005

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0

"Where is this international cluster Natasha? I want to join!
But I am afraid such a project would be killed as soon as it starts
moving from think tank to political reality.
Since years we talk of distributed republics or new states set up on
artificial islands, but I am afraid established power structures based
on nation states would agree to crush these new realities in the
cradle.
I may be too pessimist though. Pleeeeease correct me."

I don't think you are pessimistic, but perhaps a realist :-)  I wonder why
politics lacks reason much of the time and acts as a lubricant for a
collision course of personalities and emotions.

I suppose that what we could be doing right now is to develop a resource of
political activists from all the world's ideologies, who are/were
reasonable about looking for solutions rather than political positioning
tactics.  These people would be role models of how to develop scenarios.

Politics is not the only venue where people are less than kind.  The art
world has some back-stabbers too, not to mention business and sports.  BUT,
like all else, politics does have some level-headed folks (and I know some
of you are here) - we just need to encourage that tactic.

Well, I suppose we would first have to first begins in the mind - an idea,
imaginzation, thought - and is then developed by those who have the skills
to design the plan - and this would be done by the best possible authors -
transdisciplary/multidisciplinary.

Best,
Natasha