[extropy-chat] Faculty X

Ned Late nedlt at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 06:17:05 UTC 2005

Sociopaths as well as Psychopaths?
Dirk, your post is a sobering one, disturbing. But I
would like to point you to the existence of those who
DO understand in depth what is they lack, as well as
knowing the words for 'it'; what effects are manifest
in others; and, yes, tend to consider those who also
possess the faculty in different form to be
irrational, enslaved. However in the free falling
atmosphere of discourse one has to make a stand or at
least a precarious decision, so as to avoid the queasy
sensation of being a weathervane buffeted by contrary
winds. Intellectuals & savants have to make bad
judgement calls all the time, under the pressure of
time constraints.
Beyond this my limited but hyperdriven imagination is
nonplussed. I'm stumped.