[extropy-chat] God vs. no-God discussions advance not one inch

Gokhan San gorkheim at stillpsycho.net
Wed Mar 9 02:06:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:46:57 -0800 (PST)
Ned Late <nedlt at yahoo.com> wrote:

NL> I've been hearing such discussions for 35 years, haven't heard anything new.

That's because the discussion evolves by centuries, not years. And also,
I think that we don't know what we're talking about.

Trivial definitions of God can easily be shown contradictory, but the
notion continuously adjusts itself to make the process harder than one
can undertake. It's natural actually, considering the mission of "the
notion of God" anyway...

Usually there isn't any clear definition of the word, and the debate
tends to focus on phenomenon that is either controversial (like human
emotions, intuition, etc.) or can't be scientifically proven yet.

--

Gokhan San

... Sinners can repent, but stupid is forever.