[extropy-chat] God vs. no-God discussions advance not one inch

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 15:57:38 UTC 2005

> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] God vs. no-God discussions advance not one
> inch
>
> Yes; still I've heard the same discussions over & over
> since I was in Boy Scout camp in 1968, the scouts
> would sit around the campfire tediously discussing
> whether God existed. Afterwards they would kill
> chipmunks with slingshots and put the bloody carcasses
> in the sleeping bags of scouts who were away
> temporarily...  Ned Late

Ned I was at the camp at about that time.  The interesting
question is if anything has changed.  Do the scouts still
discuss this?  Do they still pull all the same cruel gags?

I am told that they are trying to get schoolboys to stop
beating each other.  It isn't so much they care about a
few black eyes and broken teeth but rather the ever present
threat of lawsuits.  I figure if they manage to pull that
off, then our society has fundamentally changed.

Anyone here have kids in elementary school?  Do they still have
fistfights on a nearly daily basis?