[extropy-chat] unidirectional thrust

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Mon Mar 14 02:41:21 UTC 2005

Damien Broderick wrote:

> At 11:49 AM 3/11/2005 -0800, Mike L wrote:
>

>> > However however, frustratingly,
>> >
>> > <...not enough to produce any meaningful effect during
>> > Electrokinetic Propulsion experiments. >
>>
>> I don't know why you'd be frustrated. They found no need to do vacuum
>> experiments because it was so very clear that the amount of ion wind
>> produced was totally insufficient (by orders of magnitude) to account
>> for the thrust observed.
>

> You're right, I misread that, sorry.
>
> It's very interesting to see their linking of EM effects directly with
> gravitation, in view of Haisch's and Puthoff's work in the vacuum
> field, rather than spacetime curvature, derivation of gravitation.
>
> If this gadget can be scaled up to hold a test device hovering in the
> air, we could all start getting really excited.

I guess most people here don't read as much crank physics as I do.
The so-called BB Effect has been a staple of amateur experimentation for
decades.
Also, last I heard was that a lifter *was* tested in vacuum and no lift
detected.

I don't hold out much hope for this being any kind of 'breakthrough'.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org