[extropy-chat] A nonZen story (was: A Zen Garden)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 18:18:58 UTC 2005

Amara Graps
> For the last two months, I could do very little of my science work (with
> impact on colleagues) because I was without my main working computer
> from January 17 until March 9... Amara

A math friend in England tells me that computers
are not as readily available there as they are
here.  He sometimes travels to the states to pick
up computer gear although France would be much closer.

Question: is there not an equivalent of Fry's
Electronics in Italy, Germany, France?  If
not, who is responsible, and cannot they be hurled
from office head first?  This inquiry is not
a criticism of Europe, I just want to know.  I
don't see how they could be offering relevant
education to the young without heaping piles of
computers.

Clearly in Amara's case, weeks of work my have
been delayed for want of a computer that would be
traded for three to five days of average wages.