META: overposting (Re: [extropy-chat] Atheism in Decline: meme map)

Zero Powers zero.powers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 23:19:20 UTC 2005

There are some subjects over the years that have proven to have almost
zero probability of getting anywhere:

The transparent society/privacy rights debate
The gun debate
The "right" TH politics (democratic vs. republican vs. libertarian vs. etc.) and
Theism vs. atheism

I'm not suggesting that these topics be banned or avoided.  Only that
if you choose to participate it would probably help if you realize
before-hand you are not likely to make any progress in changing
anyone's mind, especially your own.

FWIW: I'm on the transparency, gun-free, atheist side of the debate.
Politics?  Still undecided.  Your mileage, of course, will vary.

Best,
Zero

Zero