[extropy-chat] Moral relativism

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Sun May 8 07:44:44 UTC 2005

If Sue were contemplating murdering some adult, the situation changes
completely because now there is another person whose interest must be
taken into account. So barring exceptional circumstances (e.g. the
adult is pointing a gun at Sue and threatening to shoot), I would say
Sue should not do as she wants in this specific case. If she does it
anyway, well this is what we have police and laws for.
The difference is that the unborn baby is not a person, and the adult
is. In the first case, no harm is done to a person, and in the second
it is.
G.