[extropy-chat] A Chilling Thought.

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon May 16 07:10:47 UTC 2005

The Avantguardian wrote:

> --- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>> Perhaps the best way to rebut this is to encourage
>> you to run with it and
>> see how you can develop the scenario.
>
> Huh? I am guessing you didn't read my rebuttal. It is
> posted simply as a reply to Natasha's post about the
> CBC's Manifesto.

I read it. I thought it was a bit ranty to be honest. If you
were going to try to pursade anyone with it - as opposed
to preaching to the converted (posting to this list) - I think
you'd need to sharpen it up.

I'll read it again.

>> Why and how would "the rich" bind together as a
>> class?
>
> Umm. . . because *cliche alert* "birds of a feather
> flock together." When's the last time some ordinary
> guy got invited to one of Paris Hilton's parties?

I don't know.

>They
> would bind together because they have more in common
> with one another than they do with us. The way they do
> it is meeting at social gatherings, doing business
> deals with one another, and intermarrying just to name
> a few off the top of my head. Did I understand your
> question correctly?

Apparently. But I'm a bit perplexed by the answer.

I don't think you've entered into your own scenario very
strongly, despite describing it as a chilling thought.

Brett Paatsch