[extropy-chat] prejudices/tribalism biologically "hardwired"

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 08:20:22 UTC 2005

> Jeff Davis wrote:
>
> >Tribalism (ethnic, religious, nationalistic,
> >linguistic, etc affiliation--with tribes any "us",
> any
> >"them") is perhaps viewed as a kind of cultural
> >accident (of birth, for the most part).
> Concurrently,
> >there is the view that prejudice is a character
> flaw
> >slash moral defect.  Not!  It's all in the genes.
> >
> >Another very good reason for genetic
> "reengineering"
> >slash enhancement.
> >

> True - that my tribe!

Ug. No. Character flaw. What bout caveman from 2 tribe
like mongrel dog. How gene make prejudice? Who make
prejudice? Papa tribe? Mama tribe? All tribe?

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson