[extropy-chat] economics of scarcity to economics of plenty

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 1 08:23:11 UTC 2005

Jeff Davis wrote:

> Third, humans are despotic creatures.  Given the least
> little chance, they will steal, cheat, or rig the
> system.

Saw this article supporting your thesis today:

   "Sad truth: we're a bunch of cheats"

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17097227%255E2702,00.html

"AT least 50 per cent of people will cheat on tests if they think
they can get away with it.

A research report found most people were deterred from cheating
only by a fear of getting caught, and almost everyone would cheat
if the stakes were high enough."

-----

Brett Paatsch

[If I find something optimistic and upbeat relating to extropy
I must remember to post that too. That stuff seems harder to
find at present though, dunno if its contemporay reality or just
*my* particular view of it that is gloomy. For others sake, I hope
its the second.  Spike said recently - we aren't in the dark ages,
well that necessarily true from one standpoint, but damn, it can
seem like it sometimes if one looks about a bit.

This isn't meant to be an insult but I am not sure I know anyone
that is more than fleetingly happy at present that is not also
something of a dimwit.    ]