[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Fri Nov 11 18:37:25 UTC 2005

I came across an interesting statistic, the average resident of Mozambique
makes about 80$ A YEAR.  I'm sure they work one hell of a lot longer than 40
hours a week to survive but even at that figure my 7 cents an hour would be
enough to push a person into the upper middle class, if Mozambique had a
middle class. They don't. I figure they must be making about 4 cents an
hour now, so all you have to do to win the argument and make me concede that
I am a villain for paying 7 cents an hour is to prove mathematically
that 4 is greater than 7.

John K Clark