[extropy-chat] Re: Seven cents an hour?

Lifespan Pharma Inc/ MFJ-CTO megao at sasktel.net
Fri Nov 11 20:08:47 UTC 2005

The fact is that until automation can replace all those 7 cent/hr or
even 1 dollar/hour salaries
the root cause of social unrest will not cease.

Not that people ever will get enough, but middle class have different
ways of displaying dissatisfaction than
truly destitute slaves.

With the increases in energy cost inputs , the slaves are more valuable
than ever to the
industrial world and there is the ethical conundrum.

Total control and total domination of those able to create value in
sweatshops to maximize global value chains
OR
Investing into the means to bring the lowest human condition base
standard of living up to middle class
to prevent the massive waste of resources a revolt of underclass creates.

MFJ