[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

Jack Parkinson isthatyoujack at icqmail.com
Sun Nov 13 12:57:00 UTC 2005

"John K Clark" <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in
France)

"The Avantguardian" <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> said:

>> The Walton family are corrupt robber barons in every sense of the word
>> with absolutely no sense of noblesse oblige or altruistic philanthropy.

>Mr. Avantguardian sir, it pains me to say this but....., you are full of
>shit. I estimate that Sam Walton did more to elevate the average global
>level of happiness on this planet in 4.2 seconds than you did in your
>entire
>life.
> John K Clark

Stuart's argument on Wal Mart had the "three r's."
It was was researched, rational and referenced.

Your response does not address the points he raised, does makes a glib
subjective judgement and relies on derogation and emotive language rather
than facts in rebuttal.

I take it that you are finding your position on this issue indefensible?

Jack Parkinson