[extropy-chat] Re: History in the making is so bland...

Jay Dugger jay.dugger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:20:51 UTC 2005

On 11/15/05, Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:
[snip]

> * On the topic of affordability of hardware, the Google rep said that
>   they're a member of the $100 laptop initiative at MIT.  Last I'd
>   heard, they were still hemming and hawing about needing to get things
>   down in price, to a degree that suggested that much development was
>   still needed.
>
>   If I heard him right, the rep casually mentioned that Mr.
>   Negroponte's unveiling the prototype tomorrow in Egypt.

This matches Papert's comments yesterday on PRI's "The World" radio
show. Now doubt any announcement will show up on /., digg,
del.icio.us/popular, etc. So--any suggestion on how to handle the
inevitable comments about why this isn't being done for every single
child in <Insert Place Here>?

--
Jay Dugger
http://www.redcross.org