[extropy-chat] Gregory's Passing (Hara Ra)

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 21:32:33 UTC 2005

--- "Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience at pobox.com>
wrote:

> "Farewell?"  "Ciao?"  What's up with that?
>
> I believe the correct expression on such occasions
> is, "See you later."
>   Unless *you're* not signed up for cryonics, in
> which case "Goodbye"
> may be very much appropriate, but you're mourning
> the wrong person.
>
> In an odd way, Hara is safer than we are.  His
> suspension was the best
> ever done at Alcor.  He'll wake up after the crisis
> is over.

Bingo!  "See you later" indeed.

Terminal illness with a reasonably predictable course
is a winning lottery ticket.  It allows you to get a
top quality suspension,... IF YOU PLAN WELL.

Congatulations to Hara.

Best, Jeff Davis

       Although no one can quantify the probability of

       cryonics working, I estimate it is at least 90%

        -- and certainly nobody can say it is zero.
                           Sir Arthur C. Clarke