[extropy-chat] against ID

Sat Nov 19 19:03:22 UTC 2005

On Nov 19, 2005, at 1:57 AM, gts wrote:

> Truth is, I opened this thread to test the waters and find out it if
> my old extropian friends are as opposed to the ID movement as I am.
> I've been away from this discussion list for a couple of years.
>
> Is there a consensus here on this subject?

Unless you rename "Intelligent Design" to "Simulation Argument".  If
the "Intelligent Designer" is a computer simulator, and all creation is
a simulation, then you will not find quite as strong or as univerasal
opposition among transhumanists.  Many can and do argue that we must at
least consider the possibility that we are living inside a simulation
created by some intelligent design.  How this differs from ID, I don't
see.  But many transhumanists do believe in ID in the guise of the
Simulation Argument.

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP