[extropy-chat] A successful company?

Morris Johnson mfj.eav at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 04:43:42 UTC 2005

Hve not read all the content but have a few comments to add:
 JD lives in Canada as do I and that limits the
novelty of the products he can sell.
 As of Jan 01 all products must have NHPD
product licences and any mfg must be site licenced.
GMP and SOP's acceptable to Health Canada
must be submitted alon with a product specific data set. Staff must have edu
standing commensurate
with their job capacity and a QA officer must sign off
on all apps.
 This means the ante in $$$ is going up a fair bit.
 Reselling HC licenced NHP's is the only option.
 I say this because I have spent the last months
getting up to spec with what is required and will have to
take 4 months of HACCP training to get up to the barest of bones QA signoff
level.
 However there are loopholes.. the custom
compounding of NHP's from raw ingredients is one.
 All the other basic business rules then apply otherwise.
  Morris Johnson

 On 11/19/05, Gary Miller <aiguy at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'd add the following although I don't disagree with any of your high
> level
> goals. These goals could vary depending on the size of your enterprise.
>
> 5. A good IT group to give you a net presence and minimize the expenses of
> running your operation from inventory control, manufacturing and
> accounting
> perspective.
>
> 6. A just in time inventory system to reduce your inventory carrying cost
> and reduce spoilage in the vitamin ingredients that have a short shelf
> life.
> Also consider coatings which could delay oxidation of ingredients. I hate
> it when my vitamins go bad and I half to hold my breath when I take them.
> And no I'm not going to throw away $20 woth of vitamins just because they
> smell bad.
>
> 7. A quality control lab to perform receiving inspection on your
> ingredients
> to protect your image/reputation and to protect your company from
> liability.
> (Remembering GNC L-Tryptophen disaster from years back)
>
> 8. A good work environment, fair pay, benefits and background checks to
> reduce likelihood of product tampering, employee theft, extreme addiction
> problems, etc... again to protect image/reputation and liability costs.
>
> 9. A five year business plan which will allow you plan for growth, obtain
> credit for expansion, and allow you to value your business for insurance
> purposes or potential sale.
>
> 10. A R&D group to devise vitamin combinations to reduce the number of
> pills
> people need to take each morning for specific consumer problems and/or
> gender/age groups. This also serves to differentiate your line vitamins
> from those of your competition.

LIFESPAN PHARMA Inc.
Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc.
Mission: To Preserve, Protect and Enhance Lifespan
Plant-based Natural-health Bio-product Bio-pharmaceuticals
http://www.angelfire.com/on4/extropian-lifespan
http://www.4XtraLifespans.bravehost.com
megao at sasktel.net, arla_j at hotmail.com, mfj.eav at gmail.com
extropian.pharmer at gmail.com

Extreme Life-Extension ..."The most dangerous idea on earth"
-Leon Kass , Bioethics Advisor to George Herbert Walker Bush,
June 2005

Radical Life-Extension Bioscience
+ Total Information Awareness Globalized Info-science
= The 21st Century Paradigm ........
Re-inventing the Human Condition with Quantum to Macro
Biomolecular-engineering
*"I will live each and every 50 years, one at a time, like the days of a
week".... Morris Johnson - June 2005*