[extropy-chat] the truman show

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 19:44:55 UTC 2005

Here's an attempt to simulate a simulation:

"A Dutch television producer, who previously brought you Big Brother, now
produces a show for British commercial television were you witness the
training of three lucky guys to become astronauts and their subsequent
launch into earth's orbit for 4 days. They are trained in a Russian
facility and are launched with a Russian rocket. There is only one catch:
it's all fake. When they leave their orbiter to make a space walk they
will be welcomed by their family and friends, and find out they never left
England.
If I were one of the contestants I'd go postal after this. But of course
these contestants were specially selected to be prone to suggestion, so
they will probably just forever hide in corner so they won't hear the
constant mockery.."

http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/46863

-gts