TOP 2 IQ Percentile Re: [extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour?

Herb Martin HerbM at learnquick.com
Tue Nov 22 02:00:07 UTC 2005

> On the contrary, ENTJ is one of those personalities that I've always
> found coupled with high intelligence, but usually in
> engineering/technical areas. My most brilliant friends are ENTJ and
> INTJ, often very hard people to work with because they are extremely
> particular and like to browbeat to get their way. They always think
> that brute force of reason is enough to persuade a listener, and if it
> doesn't work, just wash rinse repeat. Consequently, they only work
> well in groups when they have legitimate authority handed to them,
> otherwise they seem to be genius loners.
>
> (Disclaimer - I'm an ENTP)

Although these personality types don't really seem
to have any rigorous scientific validity behind them
(and they are proprietary/copyrighted so it's difficult
to get the real story) you estimate jibes with many
others that I have met in various "psychology classes"
where such tests were given.

The off-scale intelligent tend to be able to CHANGE
their personality type to fit the context, audience,
or problem also.

This is also true of the NLP modalities:  visual,
auditory, kinesthetic:  A really good understanding
will include a representation in two or more modalities
and preferably all three (and some variations on the
themes.)

Those who would really know something know it from
many perspectives and using various methods.

(If you care, I make my living by delivering accelerated
training that allows even those who don't think of
themselves as particularly smart to learn about as much
each day as they would with anyone else in a week.)

--
Herb Martin
HerbM at LearnQuick.Com http://LearnQuick.Com