TOP 2 IQ Percentile Re: [extropy-chat]

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 05:22:38 UTC 2005

On 11/22/05, Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder, is there anyone at all on this list who gets categorised as
> an "S" on the "N/S" dimension? I think S is more common in a random
> sample of the population, but I've never heard any exi postor claim to
> be one.

### Yes, this is a bit funny - either the frequencies of the four
major groups of personalities are not quite what the descriptions
claim, or else our group is an incredibly biased sample of the
population. If the  xNTJ's are indeed at most 5% of the population,
the rarest of the four temperaments, a group like the extropians could
only come together as a result of major self-selection.

The articles about the polar opposites to the INTJ, like ESFP, sound
like polite descriptions of the amiable nitwit. The choice of the
paradigmatic examples of each character, e.g. Jefferson, Einstein,
Darwin, and Curie for NT, vs. Lady Di and such for the others, are
telling as well. What reasonable, non-airhead person would like to be
compared to Lady Di?

I could almost think the MBTI was developed as a feel-good exercise for geeks.

Rafal