[extropy-chat] Futures Past

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Oct 9 18:37:38 UTC 2005

Thanks for keeping and posting this, Greg.   It makes for interesting
Sunday morning reading.

What hits me from this list is that for all the predictions we have
thus far (2015 is 10 years away) missed, we have exceeded some
predictions and likely to reach many others by 2015.  So some things
came a wee bit later.  Yeah we don't have smart roads and VR is still
not great, cryogenics hasn't improved that much, space development
sucks and so on.  But the technological basis for many of these
things is moving along nicely.  I am not that unhappy looking back at
looking forward.  I think one of the things making prediction
problematic in this group is lack of sufficient understanding and
grounding in current realities and likely contingencies.

- samantha