[extropy-chat] Futures Past

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Mon Oct 10 14:15:27 UTC 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 9:00 AM, Max More wrote:

> At 07:49 AM 10/9/2005, Greg wrote:
>
>> Seven years ago, we had a discussion here on the List about what we
>> called "near-term projections" for the future to c. 2015.  I gathered
>> together some of the ideas in that discussion and put them in what I
>> called a "futurist time capsule."  Here it is:
>>
>>        http://www.gregburch.net/writing/NearTerm.htm
>
> And *ten* years ago, in Extropy #15, the Future Forecasts section
> "compared educated estimates of future breakthroughs by Gregory
> Benford, Alcor's Steve Bridge, Eric Drexler, FM-2030, Mark Miller, Max
> More, and Nick Szabo."
>
> I don't have the text handy on computer (but will eventually extract
> it from old floppies). Anyone have the time and inclination and the
> issue to type this up for the list?
>
> I recall that Nick and I were relatively conservative in projections,
> while Eric was very gung-ho.

Deja-Vu!  We've had this conversation before.  Here it is:

<http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/2003-December/
001657.html>
<http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/2003-December/
002244.html>

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP