[extropy-chat] I would have preferred hotel mints ...

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Oct 19 18:59:11 UTC 2005

At 01:01 PM 10/19/2005 -0400, Brian Lee wrote:

>I think the rule is that if something in your luggage is small enough to
>fit in a pocket and worth more than $50 it will be stolen by the baggage
>searchers/handlers.
>
>I keep inventories and always end up short when I check bags.

It might be amusing to attach a transponder to each pocketable expensive
item (I seem to recall a small gadget one could attach to key chains that
would chirp if you lost the keys and activated it with a whistle or
handclap or whatever), and ping them once you were through security. Of
course, you might not find it so amusing as you sit in jail for the next 10
years.

Damien Broderick