[extropy-chat] gm biodiesel 'em

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 05:52:03 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> [...]

In a similar vein.  I was rather surprised to see,
back when the Soviet Union was collapsing and the
Berlin wall was coming down, all the folks in the
street nicely dressed in sturdy, warm, even stylish
(if practical) attire.  What ever happened to the
impoverished victims of communism?  You know, the
ragged, downtrodden, dispirited folks, all condemned
to wear boring, unaesthetic, gunney sacks of the
lowest possible quality?  Did they all of a sudden get
a credit card from REI or Land's End?

Or perhaps the answer is that the information we got
from the govt/MSM concerning the nature of their
(govt/MSM's) ideological adversaries was a load of
propacrap.

Once again the words of Bob Dylan come to mind:

"Freedom, just around the corner from you,
But with truth so far off, what good will it do."

Best, Jeff Davis

  "During times of universal deceit, telling the
         truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                         George Orwell