[extropy-chat] Re: Ethics and evolution

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 6 04:07:25 UTC 2005

They price raisers also run the risk of driving
away clientele permanently.  I saw this when a
station went to 3 bucks a gallon the day the
shock and awe campaign started.  I was out of
fuel and needed to buy some there, but fortunately
I was on a motorcycle so I bought only half a
gallon, drove twenty miles on that and filled
up.  The locals wouldn't buy gas there anymore.

All pricing is a calculated risk.  I don't criticize
the business owner, I just take my trade elsewhere.
Gasoline is not different than other consumables.