[extropy-chat] Madcap runs into the rocks !!

M.B. Baumeister mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon Sep 19 14:36:03 UTC 2005

> > Madcap lost a battle with the sea, the weather and the rocks last
> weekend.
>
> To remove her from the rocks, they "cut her up" ... :-(
>
> http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=12506
>
> Amara
> (with a lump in her throat)

We humans often imbue inanimate objects with personalities, making the
loss painful.  I recall as a small child sitting at the curb with our old
refrigerator, with my hand on it, tears coming down my face... it was
being discarded (broken beyond repair) but "it was a "good" refrigerator"
in my eyes and I was sorry for it.

Sympathy for your pain.

Regards,
MB