[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 22:15:25 UTC 2005

--- Rik van Riel <riel at surriel.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, kevinfreels.com wrote:
>
> > Are you also saying that people who cross the border in such a way
> do not
> > represent a threat to national security?
>
> I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people who cross the
> border illegally are not a threat to national security. Generally
> they are poor people in search of a better life.
>
> Conversely, the majority of people who are a threat to national
> security either cross the border legally (eg. the 9/11 hijackers)
> or are born locally.

Actually, about half the 9/11 hijackers had exceeded their visas and
were wanted men.  The rest entered the country legally on 90 day
tourist visas or got into the air transport system in Portland, ME,
where security was light, so as to bypass Logan perimeter security.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com