[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

kevinfreels.com kevin at kevinfreels.com
Wed Sep 21 01:24:12 UTC 2005

> I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people who cross the
> border illegally are not a threat to national security. Generally
> they are poor people in search of a better life.

I am also "pretty sure" that the "vast majority" of the people coming over
the border illegally don't have nukes.
Somehow that doesn;t comfort me.

As for poor people looking for a better life, I have already addressed that.

> Conversely, the majority of people who are a threat to national
> security either cross the border legally (eg. the 9/11 hijackers)
> or are born locally.

I'll give you that. But are you willing to bet your life that the way it HAS
been will CONTINUE into the future?
The 911 hijackers came in through the easiest security hole they found. Now
that that hole has become more risky, they will most likely use the next
security hole. These people are low-tech, but they aren't stupid.

And responding to someone else's post - Nukes are high-tech, but it doesn;t
take the knowledge of how to build a nuke to use one. It just takes the
right money and contacts - both of which are in good supply.

Now, Mike, I like your "smart string". I mean, I REALLY like your smart
string. I like it more than shooting people. How do we make it cheap? Can
you imagine lines of buried smart string that relay all that information?