[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 01:33:09 UTC 2005

--- "kevinfreels.com" <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:

> Now, Mike, I like your "smart string". I mean, I REALLY like your
> smart string. I like it more than shooting people. How do we make
> it cheap? Can you imagine lines of buried smart string that relay
> all that information?

Its not that difficult. A basic version would be two wires in a
dielectric tape, sending high frequency pulses out a few times a
second. The changes in capacitance caused by a body walking over it
would return a signal and do it in a way that indicates how far along
the tape it was crossed. With microelectronics embedded in the tape,
listening for footfalls, breath patterns, heartbeats, and sniffing the
air for CO2 and urea and other components of human sweat, you should be
able to distinguish humans from animals, and detect people carrying
heavy loads, like a 100 lb suitcase nuke.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com