[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 18:57:34 UTC 2005

El Al must be getting lax in its security. My father, a clearly white
nordic male, was once nearly kept out of Israel on a business trip by
an El Al security matron simply because he lived in a town called
"Lebanon, New Hampshire". She let him through with the comment, "it
sounds like a terrible place to live."

--- Henrik Öhrström <henrik.ohrstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ethnic profiling have its own limitations, El Als security was very
> neatly
> bypassed when someone (Sorry can't find the reference, I read about
> it in a
> swedish newspaper) used persons who did not look like palestinians or
> arabic
> but looked like "native" judes. They could waltz right through with
> suitcases filled with plastelina, because nobody looked twice at
> them.
>

> > --- Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > There is no way to screen people for intentions just from data
> fields
> > > in their passports.
> >
> > On the contrary, anyone with a muslim name who is not a citizen of
> > Afghanistan or Pakistan but has spent 2-12 consecutive months in
> one of
> > those countries since 1992 has, more than likely, attended an al
> Qaeda
> > camp or has taught in a terrorist recruitment madrassa.
>
> Interesting information, any refs?

Not online.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation: