[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

Henrik Öhrström henrik.ohrstrom at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 18:06:42 UTC 2005

Ethnic profiling have its own limitations, El Als security was very neatly
bypassed when someone (Sorry can't find the reference, I read about it in a
swedish newspaper) used persons who did not look like palestinians or arabic
but looked like "native" judes. They could waltz right through with
suitcases filled with plastelina, because nobody looked twice at them.

> --- Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> >
> > There is no way to screen people for intentions just from data fields
> > in their passports.
>
> On the contrary, anyone with a muslim name who is not a citizen of
> Afghanistan or Pakistan but has spent 2-12 consecutive months in one of
> those countries since 1992 has, more than likely, attended an al Qaeda
> camp or has taught in a terrorist recruitment madrassa.

Interesting information, any refs?