[extropy-chat] re: Nuke the Great Satan

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Wed Sep 21 20:16:41 UTC 2005

Eugene:
>http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0509.html
>Movie-Plot Threats

Dear Eugene, About four years ago, I heard Mark Miller calling the
airport security stuff the "Security Theatre" because it acts as a
large-scale theatre that is supposed to make the country's citizens
*think* that something is being done to solve some people's fears.
I liked his expression so much, that I have been using it ever since.

Here, I see that Mark's Hollywood meme for the security theatre
is catching on. :-)

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/