[extropy-chat] cheap alcohol

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Sep 22 06:34:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 11:01:11AM -1000, Robert Lindauer wrote:

> So what you're saying is that despite the fact that it is a clean,

Not clean.

> readily available and renewable energy resource for which we currently

Not readily available.

> have sufficient technology to continue producing it cheaply and
> effectively, it's not perfect.

Not cheaply, and effectively. Not only is it not perfect, it is
an approach only suitable for the developing countries, which
have no infrastructure, nor know-how in industrial chemistry.
It is even considerably worse than biodiesel.

If this sounds pretty damning, that's deliberate. I don't
seem to be coming through with the balanced and nuanced view.

> Okay, I get it.

No, I don't think you do.