[extropy-chat] Odeo: best podcasting application

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 05:53:35 UTC 2005

Podcasting is a recent fashionable name for downloadable audio (and tomorrow
video) shows with an RSS feed to alert subscribers of new issues. I have
been looking for a good podcasting application and Odeo
<http://odeo.com/>is the best I have found so far. Of course it has a
client app to download
shows in the queue, but a feature which I really appreciate is the ability
to listen to a show in streaming mode without having to download it to the
PC first.
Odeo has a large user built directory of podcasts - users can add channels
to the directory. Odeo supports tagging - users can tag channels and
individual shows with keywords. For example I have added Changesurfer
Radio<http://changesurfer.com/eventhorizon/index.html>to the directory
and tagged it with "transhumanism" and "technoliberation".
Tagging permits creating and subscribing to custom RSS-enabled directories
like http://odeo.com/tag/transhumanism.
Apparently Odeo will offer soon podcast creation and hosting features.