[extropy-chat] katrina tales

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 26 22:48:25 UTC 2005

Spike wrote:

> A blog is reporting that much of the horror reported
> in the storm aftermath in the dome were wildly
> exaggerated.  Who do we believe?  spike

A blog is.

Why are you still looking for someone to believe?

I don't believe. I just live with not knowing until it matters
enough that I know more and then I try to find out more.

Then there are better and worse sources but you still have
to decide for yourself.

I can't think of a single healthy answer to the question "who
do we believe?".  Its like asking who can we trust? Who is
a reliable authority?  I think this is almost the best possible
question to reply "mu" to.

There is you. There is what is true. And there is the chance
to build bridges and see things in common with others that
are also willing to look for what is true.

I think the yearning for a sense of community inherent in the
use of the word "we" and the yearning to find some new one
great source to believe actually work against each other.

Brett Paatsch