[extropy-chat] Bloke No; Baby Yes

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Tue Sep 27 01:14:41 UTC 2005

From: "Mike Lorrey" <mlorrey at yahoo.com>

> Wonder how long it will be before one of these man haters sues the IVF
> clinic to disclose the father's idenity so he can be sued for child
> support...

Of course, "man haters" is throwing in an assumption that may not be
necessarily so.  I've loved men (to my detriment sometimes, lol) all my
life, and if I were young and this were an option for me, for many reasons I
could think of  - I may have gone for it.

Such as it is, I kinda-sorta did this in 1968, except this service didn't
exist then, and I had to do it the old-fashioned way (shake hands, make a
deal, get married, produce 2 children, thank him very much - and I was
completely honest about what I eventually wanted - the children, not the
marriage).  Suing for child support - on top of having had a favor fulfilled
for me - would have been unconscionable.  I've simply always been grateful.

There are many women who have integrity, Mike - it seems you are protesting
too much, and your assumption about "man haters" may actually be something
you are projecting about how you feel about women?  Just speculating, you
understand.

Olga